Wednesday 29 February 2012

Random quilts downloaded from my Ipad

This quilt is brighter than usual, better suited for a boy

Girly quilt. I don't have lots of babies in the family - just like making baby quilts - they are reasonably quick - they satisfy my need for (almost) instant gratification!

This photo is just the top, have added the backing and done some really bad quilting since the photo was taken.  The edges have to be added. This was really interesting to make - lots of strips joined together, in a sort of planned pattern, then the ends were joined on the short edges, so the long strip became wider and half the original size.  This was repeated until it was the right width. The pattern that developed was random - a bit like life - we can join the pieces together but the end result may be different.  I think I will call this "Pathways".


I try to make a quilt at Christmas.  This was for 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment