Thursday 24 January 2013

Recycling




I recently came across 2 sites which gave instructions for making bags from old t-shirts.  This really appealed to my desire to recycle as much as possible. So I made a few bags, combining elements of both designs.

The sites I accessed were:
Deliacreates.blogspot.com.au/2011/greeneasy-knit-produce-bag.html?m=1
Pm-betweenthelines.blogspot.com.au/2010/03/quick-fix-grocery-bag-tutorial.html?m=1

Both ladies are very creative! 
And their photos of the bags they made look far more professional than mine. 
But you get the idea.



Being a dreadful hoarder, I had a few t-shirts to work with. 





So I then experimented with slashing lines across the front and back of a t-shirt. It made a REALLY cool shirt – and it has been very hot lately, so it was made at the right time! The cuts also hid most of the design, which was my intention.  I had a number of shirts from an event I was a volunteer at.  Appropriate for the event, but pretty irrelevant to be wearing a 2007 shirt from a youth event now. 
I don't have a photo of the shirt at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment